Thursday, June 29, 2006

FARMGIRL HAS 10 BABIES!!!


The day has FINALLY come!!! We have hens! Pete is trying to coax them into the chicken run...
no such luck!

I did my best to catch one for a picture! Those little guys are fast!

Hen house door...with a bit of vitnage tacked on!

The girls...so far un-named...until Ave gets home from camp on Sat.

One of our Isa Browns on her perch.

The girls...7 Isa Browns and 3 Aracaunas.
The birthing process has actually taken many years...I think I have always been a farmgirl at heart. My mom used to say I was born in the wrong century...but I thank God I am here "for such a time as this..." When raising a few hens is for MY enjoyment, rather than a fact of life and a way to put meat and eggs on the table.

FINALLY....out in the fresh air!

Sam has been looking forward to this day! He thinks chickens are for chasing!!!
NOT.
Pin It!

2 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

Listen to your mama now, for Pete's sake. ooops Pete would be so proud.

savvycityfarmer said...

Love the architectural touches.
Very chic-y shabby