Saturday, November 11, 2006

CLOSE TO HOME--VETERANS DAY


Both of my parents served in the U.S. military in the early 1950's. They met while in the Army, both stationed in Texas, and married soon after. I have always been especially proud of my mom, who joined the army at 17 years of age, mostly to get away from a not-so-good family situation.
On Veterans Day, we remember my parents and the thousands upon thousands of others who have served our country well.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I couldn't agree with you more! My Father served in WW2 and my husband spent 20 years in the Marine Corps! The Military will always have a special place in my heart! My God continue to Bless America!
Blessings to you and yours Cyn,

savvycityfarmer said...

Now that is a passionate kiss...and the waistline....tiny and so feminine...our mom's and dad's were the best were they not?