I got this idea from another blog (homespunliving.blogspot.com) a few months ago, and put it in the back of my mind to try this winter.
You take an old book, tear the pages out, so all you're left with is the shell. Farmboy drilled holes in the front and back to match the holes on the paper I bought.
I made a cardstock copy of an old French letter and cut it to fit the front and back of the inside covers.
Used spray adhesive.
I don't like spray adhesive.
Took the valance down from my back door and laid it on my copy machine and made a cardstock copy. Cut it to fit the cardboard back of the pad of paper I bought.
I made two too many holes.
Bought those cute "notes" letters from Michaels in the Martha Stewart aisle.
Before I glued the front and back French letter on the inside covers, I glued down a piece of vintage ribbon so I could tie my book shut.