Monday, January 19, 2009

MY SWEDISH/FRENCH BLOG LISTS

You may or may not have spotted my sidebar titled "My Blog List".
But, if you have, you may have noticed that recently I have added some Swedish and French blogs, which of course, cannot be read by me.
BUT....I have found a site called "Google Language Tools" which translates their blog, albeit very crudely, into English!
Try it!
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=EN

In the "Search for" bar paste the name of the blog you wish to have translated. Make sure it is just the blog name, not anything else. For instance, my blog's name is "cindy50.blogspot.com"....so if anything appears after the .com, remove it.
Then you will ask it to search pages written in....say "Swedish"
Click "translate and search", and their blog entries will appear. Click the top one and it is usually their current post.
It has been so much fun to see what folks in other countries are doing with their decorating and gardening!
Now, mind you, I DID say it was a fairly crude translation, and sometimes makes for some real laughs.
Let me know what you think?

Pin It!

7 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

you've got a way, girl, of drawing us all in...from all over the globe...I truly enjoy being nosey and peeking in to all these lovely sites.

Cheryl said...

well...I guess I will have to give it a whirl..

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

How exciting!!!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I've so enjoyed my visit with you today. I've ooohed and mmmmed and giggled and sang "You Put This Love in My Heart" at the top of my voice with Keith Green!

It's been lovely!

Blessings,
Lea

Jamie said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I just joined Art Creations Friday and many of the sweet ladies are from Sweden. Now I can know what their comments are saying. Perfect! Love, Jamie

Unknown said...

What an intriguing blog roll; Swedish and French! How cool. Aren't the language translaters cool!?

Thank you for entering my tatting giveaway for OWOH. Good luck to you.

Rachel said...

How interesting!! I have seen so many blogs that I have no clue as to what they are saying! I'll have to try this. Thanks for the info!!