Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Autumn Garden






























I am always torn concerning my favorite season. it seems as if it is always the season coming upon us that is my favorite! In the heat of the summer, I cannot wait till 'sweater weather". When it is autumn, my heart yearns for the cold of winter,( but NEVER the snow of winter here in the midwest!!). In the winter my longing turns toward the fresh breath of spring. And in the spring, my fancy turns toward those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!! Fickle, or just a woman? Wanting what is just beyond her grasp. But, if the truth be told, Autumn is my favorite. I love the still warm summer days, yet the cool crisp nights. The autumn nights, when the stars seem the clearest. When every breath you take in the early morning is accompanied by a bit of fog. When there is the slight chill to the early evening, and you find yourself hunting down a flannel shirt of your husbands' to wrap yourself up in. When a bowl full of crispy, crunchy apples, fresh off the tree, does not look out of place on the dining room table. A little piece of heaven, or an autumn afternoon....you decide. (check out the bee on the sunflower...pollen all around!!)
Till we meet again,
Farmgirl Cyn
Pin It!

1 comment:

HomemakerAng said...

I LOVE THE PHOTOS!!! CANT WAIT TO see what you will do now on your blog!
ang