Tuesday, January 24, 2006

SELF PORTRAIT TUESDAY

Kind of an odd self portrait, huh? Well, for those of you who know me, you know that this last year I started running (at age 51), and ran two 5k races! This is a photo of my first pair of running shoes, bought last March, and finally wore out. I cannot believe I wore out a pair of running shoes!!! They have over 300 miles on em! I run 3x a week (maybe 4 on a good week) and I do 3 miles each run. The names on the side in permanent marker are the names of all 5 of my children, my husband, and my grandson. They are who I run for. The new pair my oldest daughter just bought me will have my name written on them, as well as the other 7 names. Cause I run for me. I run to stay fit. I run to stay healthy. I run so I can eat a bit more at dinner. I run so that I can have that extra glass of wine in the evening. I run to stay sane in a world that is insane. I run for me.
Love,
Cyn
Pin It!

No comments: