Wednesday, May 24, 2006

GARDEN/YARD PHOTOS


Here is my "kitchen" garden, filled with oregano, thyme, basil, dill, sage, parsley, chives, and rosemary.

My tomato garden, not quite complete, half filled with several varieties of heirloom tomatoes. The plants themselves smell like fresh tomatoes!

On a day such as yesterday, how can one NOT hang clothes on the line?

I call this one "GIRL WITH DOG". Found them at a garage sale a few years ago. I like having "surprises" in my garden. Little bits of this and that to come across unexpectedly.

My newest acquisition...French Lilac "Michael Buchner". Am uncertain as to where to place him. At first I thought up against the clothesline, but on second thought, maybe up closer to the house, so we can enjoy his incredible fragrance.

This week promises beautiful, sunny days, so garden work is a given for me. We have not had a Memorial Weekend in which rain was not a part of the forecast in years, so we will take full advantage of the incredible weather, and get much accomplished!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for coming by the blog. I am puttin' you on my bloglines....
I am sooooo procrastinating right now..I must get to the garden and weed, weed, WEED!
That tea looked like fun! Your friend, HomemakerAng, seems like a peach of a gal...(how's that for a vintage expression??)
...later..
I really AM going out now..right now.

Mindy said...

I came by way of Ang...love your blog, and your garden is beautiful! Enjoy your day..blessings to you and yours..

HomemakerAng said...

it all looks great!!!! the kitchen garden is really goin!

rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by...funny story!

You have a great herb garden going!
Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!

savvycityfarmer said...

What an amazing find after being away from the desk for a few days.

I want to taste some of those kitchen herbs when we visit.

We're working on a date.
Miss ya