Saturday, July 22, 2006

The tomatoes are coming, the tomatoes are coming


The first of my heirloom tomatoes, just about ready to pick. How shall I prepare it? I could slice it, and have it kissed with fleur de sal and freshly ground pepper. I could slice it, top each slice with a smear of goat cheese, topped with a bit of pesto, and lightly sprinkled with a rich, syrupy aged balsamic. I could use it on a TLT....that's turkey, lettuce, and tomato. (I don't "do" bacon. Not a "religious" thing. A "fat" thing.)
Oh tomato, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

I plant these sweet 100's, just for pickin and poppin. I pick them off the vine....and pop em in my mouth. They rarely, if ever, see a piece of lettuce, or a dribble of dressing.
YUM
Pin It!

1 comment:

HomemakerAng said...

they look beautiful!!!