Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sept. 7= Proverbs 7

A Proverb chapter a day keeps the devil away!
I try to read the corresponding Proverb to the current date, so today was Prov. 7.
Verse 1 holds a hidden treasure of the Word: My son, keep my words; lay up within you my commandments [for use when needed ] and treasure them. (amplified)
We are to lay up God's commandments in our hearts for use when we need them. If we don't take the time to get into the Word and deposit it into our hearts now, God's wisdom won't be stored there to guide and help us when we need it. We know from Romans 10:17 that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Initially, God put the measure of faith in our hearts....BUT...to activate that faith and cause it to grow, you have to get the Word planted deep in your heart. You do this by keeping the Word in front of your eyes, in your ears, and in your mouth. If we put that Word on deposit in our spirits, it will be there when we need it! When you come up against a difficult situation, a temptation or a trial, victory will rise up out of your heart through your mouth. You will speak words of faith that will cause the impossible situation to be dealt with in the spirit.
BUT
It's just like money in the bank. If you haven't been making any deposits, don't expect to make any withdrawals. You would never expect to write a $20,000 check with only $20 in your checking account. But in the spirit realm, believers make that mistake every day because they don't maintain a healthy balance in their spiritual bank acct.
Spiritual currency works the same as natural currency. If you have an abundance in your natural bank acct., you can enjoy plenty of material things. And if you have an abundance in your spiritual acct., you can enjoy plenty of everything--wealth, health, good relationships, peace and success--because the Bible says: God gives us richly all things to enjoy.(1 Tim. 6:17)
The most important thing we will do each day is to make those faith deposits.
Make them before we need them!
Jesus said:"If you abide in Me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will, and it will be done unto you, [John 15:7]

excerpts taken from:Hidden Treasures by Gloria Copeland
Pin It!

9 comments:

Homemaker's Heart said...

I love your new blog "dress"! (Tee hee).

I agree regarding a Proverb a day, and keeping the word active in your mind and heart through the day. If I don't, I get in trouble every time. Then at the end of the day when the house is quiet and I am sitting looking back on my day, Oh my! Some amends and prayers are usually an order.

Good to hear from you.

kpjara said...

"Faith Deposits"...I love the sound of that. I love the implication too.

Maybe I'll try the "Proverb a day".

Thank you for this.

Run Around Paris said...

Well said.

Tea said...

I like that too....Faith Deposits...it would or must be hard to go through life without any faith. That`s what keeps us going and gives us hope.
Thanks for visiting my blog by the way :)
That climbing rose is called Rosanna by Northern Pride

tea
xo

Lori said...

Amen!!

kansasrose said...

I love this...I need to make lots of deposits in that faith bank! Thanks for the wonderful post...

savvycityfarmer said...

There are so many benefits and extras to those deposits,too...for you see ours eyes are off of self then and we can recognize God and His workings so clearly...it's like the veil is lifted off...I'm inspired for this new day...it is the day He has made...thanks cyn!!!!

someone else said...

What a great idea - a Proverb a day. Maybe a Psalm a day too. Cityfarmer sent me over to read this and I'm glad she did.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful post cyn :)