Friday, December 01, 2006

SNOWBOARD CHICKEN!!


With freezing rain since early A.M., the chooks refused to see the light of day.
UNTIL...
Around 4:45 P.M. when I went out to do my perfunctory locking of the henhouse door.
There he was,
Albie Darn, I'm a Rooster
Perched on the coop door.
I left him there for another 15 minutes and went back to try to lock him in.
Still perched.
This time, I physically lifted him off the door, hoping against hope he wasn't frozen to it.
Squawking, he resisted ever so slightly, and disappeared into the hen house.
Stay tuned.
I'm certain there's more.


Pin It!

6 comments:

kansasrose said...

Farmgirlcyn's Chook Adventures! I love this picture of him! He is so pretty! Wonder why he was outside like that? Your pics and stories of your chooks are so fun! xxxooo

PamKittyMorning said...

Love that photo!

savvycityfarmer said...

You keep me laughing girl, just when I feel I might cry...


I'm picking up new glasses tomorrow...will post pics...

Katie said...

What's that white stuff? I seem to remember it....
I'll probably see a bit myself - 2 weeks in Minnesota in December...How foolish to travel to the frozen north at this time of year...but it seemed such a good idea last summer...
Did he thaw out once he got in with the girls?

savvycityfarmer said...

It's a balmy 6 degrees here today in the sunny midwest...hope to chatter with you later....

Rosa said...

What a bute!