Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BISQUICK BAKING MIX DAY!

My blogging friend, Mimi, over at frenchkitcheninamerica, has put out a call for Bisquick recipes. I have had this particular recipe for years, but rarely made it as "Bisquick" and "heart healthy" have not been synonomous.
Until now.
Bisquick has come up with a Heart Smart alternative, and it is every bit as tasty as their original! Pancakes, shortcake, Impossible Pie...all can be eaten with a clear conscience!
In moderation, of course!
Yes, I use Bisquick.
No, I am not a food snob.
Cause "Bisquick" and "food snob" are definitely NOT synonomous!!!

RED LOBSTER CHEESY GARLIC BISCUITS

I'm guessin' Red Lobster does NOT use Bisquick when making their famous "keep-em-comin" biscuits, but this recipe is a close second to the original!

2 Cups Bisquick
2/3 Cup milk (I use 1%)
3/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use Kraft 2% sharp cheddar)

1/4 Cup (or less) butter, melted
1/2 teas. garlic powder

Combine Bisquick, milk and cheese. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop by heaping Tbl. on ungrreased cookie sheet. Makes about 1 dozen. Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes.

Combine butter and garlic powder. Brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Yum-oh.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I made the same thing, but a different version! Yummy!

Aunt Jenny said...

Man!! these sound and look delicious! I will be making them for sure..thanks for posting the recipe!!!

cityfarmer said...

Time to TESTIFY....I've had these little puppies and they are mmmmmmmmmmgood.

Cyn served these with a steak dinner during one our visits to the farm

Jean said...

Nothing tops those RL biscuits! I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Lovella said...

Oh those look really yummy. We don't have a Red Lobster here so I'll make them so I know what I'm missing.
I often make a crustless veggie quiche to go with Sunday Brunch using Bisquick. It is so easy and tastes great as well.

kansasrose said...

Thanks Cyn! You are such a doll! xxxooops been thinking of you and praying this week...hope all is well!

Shabby in the City said...

Yum..yum...that reminds me I have a Red Lobster gift card waiting in the wings...
LOL about your endowment! I have the same one....

Mindy said...

Yummy!! Will try this with tomorrows corned beef and cabbage dinner!

Lovella said...

My kids were just laughing at me today when I was taking pictures of brunch. Oh boy, they said, mom is planning on blogging the quiche. I said to them that my friend Cyn wants to know what we make with Bisquick and so I need to post this soon.
They just don't get it.