Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SECRET GIFTING

"When you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do, that they may have glory from men. I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret; will Himself reward you openly." Matthew 6:2-4

Last week I received in the mail the cookbook, "Patricia Wells at Home in Provence", a gift from one of my blogging friends who chose to give in secret. I am so very touched that someone would go out of their way to bless me with something that was a desire of my heart. Especially poignant at this time in my life, when everything around me seems topsy turvy, and from all outward appearances, things look like they are falling apart. I may never get to say a proper "thank you" to their face, but I am a firm believer in "paying it forward", and will be looking for the opportunity to be doing unto others as has been done unto me.

Thank you. And may theLord bless you, anonymous.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Each and every time that I hear the music start when I come to visit I feel a touch misty and today when I read your post, the scales were tipped. I rejoice with you that you have some reason to smile today.

Katie said...

I wholeheartedly agree with the 'paying it forward' philosphy and am so happy for you that you got such a wonderful gift - both the book and the thought!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I have finally been able to do something for you. You have been such a tremendous tool of God in my life. I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for you.

Anonymous said...

This is truly sweet and I agree with this pay it forward what a wonderful world it would be if we all did this:) Thinking of you cyn, and sending you love & hope that all will be ok soon:)

Mindy said...

Cyn, this is such a touching post! What a blessing to receive such a thoughtful gift and sentiments.
Blessings and hugs to you ..

kansasrose said...

Amen.

savvycityfarmer said...

No one better that my dear friend Cyn....curiosity is....oh never mind!!!

Rosa said...

Amen. Good for you.

Cheryl said...

I've been very behind in visiting...everyone. I read about your step dad. I just pray for God to surround him with His protection and that every attempt to do him harm will fail.

I know you are a buffer of protection for him.

Rachel said...

What a sweet thing for someone to do. I like to follow the pay it forward rule too.

Isn't it a blessing that there are wonderful, thoughtful, kind, and sweet people out there!

Unknown said...

How wonderful and what a kind friend you have, Cyn.

You will love the book, I am certain.

I, too, believe in paying it forward.

Cyn, I wish I had been the thoughtful person to send it. Truly a kind friend you have there!

kpjara said...

The secret blessings are always the most wonderful!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Soooo whatcha cookin' out of it?

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you this morning...so quiet here:( Hope all is ok and the picture of the 3 of you below this post makes me smile. xo