Monday, March 26, 2007

Hors D'oeuvres For One


Technically, hors d'oeuvres means "outrside the menu".
It should be something to tide you over for a bit, until your main meal can be served.
For a child it could mean a few crackers with peanut butter, or a small chunk of cheddar.
For a grown up, it could mean these wonderful slices of vine ripened tomatoes, schmeared with a bit of goats cheese, and topped with just a touch of garlic scape pesto. Some fresh cracked pepper tops it all, and you have an hors d'oeuvre even a child would love!

This was MY "outside the menu" treat today!

What'sYOUR favorite pre-dinner snack?
Pin It!

13 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Tracy...if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times...THIs IS NOT A FOOD BLOG!!! Geez!

Tracey said...

Pizza...

What were you saying about this not being a food blog? =D

Lovella ♥ said...

I just love a good food blog. :)

. . .well yesterday we had spinach and artichoke dip . .that is so yummy. Your appy looks very vibrant in colour and I'll be it tastes just delicious.
10 minutes to dinner and you've tied me over just wonderfully.

Mindy said...

Yum!! You are a terrific cook for certain! I like chips and my daughter in law's fresh salsa....quite delish!

Aunt Jenny said...

That looks absolutly perfect to me!! I love nothing more than fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese..any time!! And pesto added...what a perfect combo with the goat cheese too...yum!!! Your food always looks so good and beautiful too!

Katie said...

Vine-ripened tomatoes? I don't even have tomato seedlings yet.
I don't even have lettuce yet.
I have chives....

Anonymous said...

Great pic!

My fav's are ice cold shrimp with a tangy coctail sauce and crispy calamari. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

YUM! anything with a big fat tomato and I'm in! I love this FOOD BLOG:) xo

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Katie...I should have clarified the "vine-ripened" tomato ingredient...they are store bought, on the vine, grown nowhere NEAR me in Michigan!

Rachel said...

That looks great! Usually I'll grab anything handy to tide me over until mealtime.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

A king-sized ch...I mean a handful of peanuts :)

Unknown said...

I like what you've made, Cyn, but I usually grab a handful of peanuts.

Anonymous said...

Oh delicious. One of my favorite combo's of food!