Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO MARKET


Our dear friends, Ang and Matt, from homemakerang.blogspot.com, have been raising 8 little piggies since they were born in March. A few weeks ago we purchased a piggy from them, and the sweet little guy on the left, aptly named "Delicious", will be in our freezer, all cut and packaged, in less than a week. A local meat market does all the work, and the smoked stuff can be all nitrite-free upon request!!

PORK
THE "OTHER" WHITE MEAT
Pin It!

5 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

i am starting to see a resemblance!

with bo, your dog, NOT YOU!

savvycityfarmer said...

Actually he's not going to make it to the market....hehe

Aunt Jenny said...

yum!! I love the name too! We buy a whole pig each fall, too and the pork is so good!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I have been reading your blog for a few days now & I am enjoying it

We have just brought some beef but thankfully I didn't meet it before the butcher had.

Nice to meet you

Love Leanne in New Zealand with fire roaring as we are in winter!

Anonymous said...

I have been watching the piggy story:( nope I just could not do it...look at that face? How could ya kill it how could ya??? ang? ang? hahahahhhhahha! ok I can honestly say fresh pork is like NON OTHER! had some at a winter wine tasting party down the road this past winter and OH MAN! I could not stop eating it! the bacon is INCREDIBLE too:)