Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TODAYS PRAYER


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,

to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

St. Francis

What is YOUR prayer this day?
Pin It!

5 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

I love this prayer. For many reasons. First, I'm Catholic. We sing this in church all of the time. Secondly my father's name is Francis. 3rd, St Francis is the patron saint of animals which I adore. 4th, we were married on October 4th which is his feast day (in a somewhat honor to my father.)

So, I'm going to go with this one too!

Love,
Julie

LauraS said...

I think that the nicest way to pray is through song! :-)

Lovella ♥ said...

My prayer is that someone will find true peace through my blog.

LauraS said...

Thank you for your comment! I am also from near Grand Rapids. We live in Cascade. I have been browsing through blogs and found you by linking from savvycityfarmer, who I linked to from someone else. You know yourself how you can be browsing all day from one blog to the next.

You have a very charming blog and look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Rachel said...

That is a wonderful prayer!