Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FRONT PORCH SITTIN'

View from my rocker


This was the perfect morning.
Up early, early, got my morning coffee, and headed out to the front porch with my Bible for some time with the Lord.
The birds are at their finest in the early morning hours, with the hummers stopping by every few minutes for a long, cool drink from the feeder.

Another view from my rocker

Flag blowing in the little bit of breeze we had, with overcast skies and the ground wet with the rains from the night.
I wait all winter for mornings like this.
Time enough for dealing with the stresses of the day...mornings on the porch with the Lord are the fuel I need to get me going.
Beautiful!
Wish you all were here!

XOXO,
Cindy

PS On the agenda for today...

sow the rest of the carrots, radishes, and beans

check Craigslist for chicks/chickens


Pin It!

13 comments:

TxFarmhouse said...

Can't get much better than that. I sit out on my porch and count my blessings.

Pam said...

I would sit there every morning if I had that peaceful view.

Faith said...

That looks very nice, Cyn! I'd love to be sitting there with you. :)

I spent a little time perusing the world of background installation. I think I will need your help. First I better decide what I want. Then I'll email you.

~Faith

Anonymous said...

The beauty of an early morning up north. I remember those times...

Maria said...

Isn't that the VERY BEST time of the day?!
... there's a sweetness to it...
Thanks for sharing your morning on the porch story...it refreshed my afternoon!
Hope you get a summer full of those mornings :)
Maria

Sue said...

Hi Cyn,
I do the same and like you I wait all winter just so i can go out in the mornings and spend that time with the Lord. Thank you for sharing,See you on the front porch.LOL.
Sue

Just Practice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie and Chris said...

What a wonderful view you have. I bet you can really relax there.

More than Survival said...

LOVE the view from your front porch!!!!!! ENJOY!!!! Thank you for sharing!
Heather

Lovella ♥ said...

oh Cyn. . .what a tempting invitation . ..I love the vast open spaces on the other side of the fence. . .such a lovely place to spend with the Lord.

Kimberly said...

Wish I was there, too. I'd bring the tea! I usually spend my quiet morning time in a nook in my family room, but I think tomorrow I'll head out to the porch with you. Not near as lovely a view, but I do love the birds that sing.

Girl Tornado said...

The early morning hours sure are the best, aren't they? Quiet, before the rest of the world is awake and moving. Wonderful.

Like you, we don't have close neighbors, which is a good thing, since we have lots of company, whoopin' it up all the time - NOT. Like you. LOL

TGIF... I can't remember how I came to your blog, but I like it. :)

Selba said...

What a nice view :)