Monday, February 14, 2011

I can only imagine...

Sunset

From the rising of the sun, to the going down of the same...
The name of the Lord is to be praised!

Is that not just incredibly beautiful?
We were in the midst of making supper last night when we were totally and utterly distracted by this.
I must have taken 30 pictures from different parts of the west side of our house.
Took me over an hour to whittle them to down to 15.
Could hardly bear to delete even the imperfect ones.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-28

If these words do not bring you comfort, I pray you will seek the One who gives everlasting life.
The Lord Jesus Christ.

In His grace,
Cindy

Pin It!

14 comments:

Alice said...

Cindy,
I saw the exact same sunset last night and it stopped me for a while as well. Your colors and the colors I saw were exactly the same--stunning! Thanks for the message--"I can only imagine..."

Alice

A Gardner's Cottage said...

That was an AMAZING sunset and the message...even better!!! Have a terrific day.

Nancy

Julie Wasson said...

thank you

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I know what you mean. I took some pic's myself! It was definitely gorgeous!

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

We too were in awe! We ran from window to window admiring the view. Took a ton of pictures too. The heavens declare His glory!! We couldn't help but break out in songs of praise!

Love you, lady!

Vickie said...

Doncha just LOVE when the skies look like heaven come down! I do, too. It just absolutely takes my breath away, and I'm just reduced to tears and awe! Thanks for showing us your photos!!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Cindy, Thanks for your post today. That photo is fabulous and I can understand why you took to many photos of the skies. It's beautiful :) :) The clouds are really interesting. Love and hugs from Oreogn, Heather :)

Camille said...

You are precious Cindy! Thank you for sharing that gorgeous photo...I *know* that photos do not even come close to seeing it in person! I appreciate the verses you shared...thank you. :)

In His Love,
Camille

Farming On Faith said...

Cindy~
I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day!
Thank you for the encouragement. You are a testimony to us all!
Blessings Friend~
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thank you!

Love,
Jen

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I took pics of that sunset, too!

It was absolutely GORGEOUS! Amen, Cindy!
XOXO
Joni

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty of what you enjoyed. None here last evening. Your verses go so well with your reading today. The last chapters of Revelation.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

It's moments like that that remind us that the Lord still holds the paintbrush of our lives and our world, isn't it! Just beautiful!!!

Hippie Housewife said...

What a beautiful sunset, and even more beautiful words of comfort.