Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Curried Lentil Soup...


I found this recipe over at Nourished Kitchen blog, and knew right away it would be a perfect spring soup. Not heavy like the soups of winter...chili, beef stew, etc., but soup that would put a bounce in your step, a twinkle in your eyes!

I followed the directions almost exactly, except I had no fenugreek seeds.
As a matter of fact I don't think I have ever had fenugreek seeds in my pantry!
Never mind the fenugreek seeds....I don't even think I know anyone who has them that I could have borrowed from....
And....
Don't be afraid of the curry in this soup. It is not overpowering like some curries...just a nice, mildly spicy soup...perfect for the kind of weather we SHOULD be having!
We all loved it!

Speaking of the weather...
I think we skipped summer altogether and went right back into winter....
10 days ago it was 85 and I was sunning on the back deck.
One week later it was in the 20's and snowing like January!

Spring...come back to us.
We hardly knew ya....

In His grace,
Cindy

Pin It!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyn, I so agree Spring come back to SW Michigan...! sigh
~~HUGS~~

Camille said...

Oh YUM! That looks/sounds soooo yummy! Thanks for sharing Cindy.

Have a Spring-y week!

Blessings,
Camille

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I have fenugreek seeds in my pantry but it's probably a tad too far for you to pop over and grab some! Up to now I have only sprouted them and added them to breads and salads. Coming into soup season here so will definitely give this recipe a go!

Pioneer Beauty said...

MMMMMMM!!! that looks tastee..I love Curry so this soup is right up my Alley...Your weather sounds like ours...

I am going to have to give this one a try.. : )

Have a blessed day

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Oh, Cindy, I had the seeds! Just kidding. ;-)

Looks yummy. I have been organizing like crazy again, my pantry, under the sink, bathroom drawers, labels on everything that was not moving. Though I am out of ink! ugh, four labels to go. Tomorrow, the downstairs 'pantry', Lord willing.

Susan said...

The soup sounds good, I love curry. Its wet and cold here too...It seem like thae past few years we go from winter right into summer which is short and then fall which is long then back to winter. We have three seasons instead of four.

Hows things with your daughter?
Your grandson?

Blessings sister,

Susan

Diane@Peaceful Acres Farm said...

Mmm, I learned to love Dahl in India!!! It's one of my favorites anytime of the year.

Crazy weather all over.

Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

MMM, looks looks so good, I wish I could reach into the screen! IT's in the low 40's here today, too cold!
Have a blessed day! :)

Victoria said...

We love curry lentil soup! Just the right amount of heat and you don't feel overfull like with meat soups. Creme fraiche on the top.. mmm.