Monday, October 31, 2011

One year ago, November 2nd

 Our grandson, Alexander Lee

Our grandbaby, Alex, passed away one year ago, November 2nd from SMA
Spinal Muscular Atrophy

 

 Alex in his pepere's arms

Alex was just 3 months old when he died, and he has left a giant hole in our hearts.
Our consolation is that one day we shall see him again, healed and made whole.



 precious


 After major surgery which would allow him to be fed thru his stomach


 We had the family over the Sunday before Alex died for a big family dinner, not knowing he would only be with us another 2 days.
At this point he was not able to cry anymore, but he could make little noises


 I LOVE this photo of him looking straight into my eyes, my heart...



 Just a couple of minutes of our dear grandson
I believe this is the only video clip anyone has of him...
You can hear him trying to laugh out loud here!


Our last visit together...


"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now

God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls

I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when

I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


And I'll praise You in this storm

And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth


 
In Christ alone,
Cindy










Pin It!

17 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

I remember this journey well.
Bless you all as you carry on ... pondering sweet memories.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Hugs to you and your fami, Cyn ... Aren't you so glad for the hope we have in heaven? What a big, strong hug you wil get from him one day as a greeting!
xoxo
Joni

Sue said...

Sending much love and prayers to you and your family today, Cyn,as you remember Alex. the video was so precious,
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

What a precious Angel sent from Heaven for a little while on earth, what a comfort to know you will see Alex again in Heaven completely whole. Sending love and prayers to you today.

camp and cottage living said...

Cyn
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. What join you will all have to be reunited with your precious grandson someday
I think about this whenever I'm saddened by the loss of my loved ones.
Blessings-Kimberly

kansasrose said...

'There is no need to be afraid, little flock, for it has pleased your Father to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:4 32

Maria said...

I remember this week, last year. I'm so sorry.

Cheryl said...

What a praise to know that you will see little Alex someday. Heaven is so much closer when we have loved ones there waiting for us. My dad joined the saints in heaven this Thursday. He loved children so he is probably have a great time with all of the little ones.

Donna said...

I know that your heart still grieves for the little man. He was precious. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful baby - my heart just aches for you and your family. xo Nancy

loves2spin said...

God bless you all, and yes, Alex will be waiting for you.

Sue from Ky. said...

I know the pain we are feeling today over the loss of our beloved pet,pales to the pain you and your family are feeling over the lost of this precious child.You are so blessed to have such a strong faith to carry you through it all. May His presence continue to carry you through.

Camille said...

What a blessed hope we have in the LORD and HIS future for us as HIS children! Praying for you all as you remember your precious Alex.

In HIS Love,
Camille

Vickie said...

Aw, my heart aches for your family, Cindy, as you remember your little Alex and his short life. May the Lord bless you all with peace and comfort in the knowledge that he IS whole again and you WILL see him again...

goatldi said...

A year? My time goes on. His eyes, old soul in young body. He came for you and to love. My friend who lost a son two years past said it still hurts so much, but someone told her that at 3 years it gets better.

I don't think there is a number and I do so believe that while it will never be "better" it will be easier.

Blessings to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Cindy,

You know my heart breaks for you and your family.
Many tears are being shed but as the song and bible says he holds our tears in his hand.


Many blessings,
Cindy

Sharon said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. God Bless you and your family. Love the music.