Monday, October 17, 2011

A Plethora of Autumn Busyness

 Calendula Infused Oil

I gathered organic calendula petals way back in July and infused them in an olive oil base.
Yesterday I mixed the strained oil with...



 Natural beeswax, lavender oil, and vitamin E

...the above ingredients and made...


 Calendula Salve

...this!

Calendula salve is good for a plethora of ailments.
Diaper rash, chapped lips, scrapes, scratches, rashes, etc.
I have some at my bedside table for soft nighttime lips and chapped hands.
You can do what you want with yours!
Internet searches show this sells for up to $12.99 for an ounce.
I made 6 4oz jars for under $5.00


 Pear & Ginger preserves and Spiced Cranberries

I am attending a homemade/handmade swap this Sunday and wanted to add a few specialty items to my plethora of goodies I am swapping.
The pears were perfectly ripe (see photo below) at the farmers market on Saturday, along with the 1st of the locally grown cranberries.
Small batch preserving is right up my alley, as I am not one to go through 12 jars of any one kind of jam in a years time.
The Spiced Cranberries will be perfect served over a block of cream cheese during holiday entertaining.
Perfect to bring as a hostess gift, too!


 Fuzzy

He's getting a bit on in age, and spends most of his days sleeping on a cushioned dining room chair.

 Farmboy cutting soap

I am in the process of refurbishing my handmade soap supply, and since I could not cut/draw a straight line if my life depended on it, I have to have Pete hand cut all my soaps.


 Farmers market haul

Apples, pears, cranberries...oh, my!


 Honey Crisp apples

A favorite around here, tho I must confess that apples give me a stomach ache.
I will eat 1/2 an apple or a small glass of cider, but that's all I can tolerate.
Dang!

Winter Tea Blends

Some of the ingredients I harvested myself, and some were purchased thru Mountain Rose Herbs.
I am drinking a cup of the Nourishing Infusion even now...

Whew!
So that's the update from around here.

I pray all is well with you and yours...

In Christ alone,
Cindy

PS...I hope you don't mind, but I increased the size of my blog's font. I have a hard enough time reading some of the smaller fonts, and this way anyone else that has that problem won't have it while reading over here!
Pin It!

18 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Cool labels on them there jars! ;-) Love you!!

Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

I absolutely love these posts of yours! I so want to try soap making and would love to make my own massage oils for my massage therapy practice. I've been experimenting a bit with aroma therapy since I took some classes at my massage school.
You are inspiring in so many ways and love to come here for ideas and instruction. Thank you :)
Have a blessed week!
-Allison

Holly said...

I've a hankering to make lip salve and lotion but just haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully, this winter. I have some Calendula flowers dried. I'll have to use them in the lip salve. When I get that far, I'll know who to ask question to. It is so nice knowing that I have such a wonderful network of friends such as yourself to help in on this road toward self-sufficiency.

goatldi said...

Wonderful!

Farmchick said...

Everything looks great. :) Hope you are doing well....stop over and say hi!

Freedom Acres Farm said...

Love the bigger font and the new wide width look of your blog! Looks great!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love the big font! How dod you get the wider page width? LOVE it!!!

Camille said...

Everything looks so A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Cindy! How busy you have been!! I *love* all your photos. What a blessing to receive any of your lovely wares as gifts...I am sure your family and friends are so thankful!! :)

Many blessings to you!
Camille

Jj said...

Great idea on the callendula. I have some dried callendula myself that I dont know exactly what to do with.

goatmilker said...

I have been wanting to make callendula salve. I may just have to make that a winter project. I love all the pictures! The font is great.

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I for one appreciate the large font - but I'm almost 50! I just made some comfrey salve, but I'm not sure I'm loving the olive oil base - have you tried any other oils? As usual - I feel like a slacker after I've visited. : -)

Maria said...

I think I need a cuppa tea now ... oh that all looks so good, Cindy!
You have been busy!
Your soap is outstanding!
Thank you so much for that easy order!
I like the idea of mixing the herbs for tea and will make that a plan for the winter months ahead.
Wishing you a sweet weekend ~ and a happy harvest time!
God bless you always,

*Maria

Renata said...

Love the new font ~ I find it more relaxing to read! I wish I lived close enough to come & buy some of that salve off you ~ it sounds wonderful! I am so eager to get into making my own skin products ~ I intend to attempt soap as soon as I can get some oils ( I have the rest ~ just missing the oils oh & a stick blender).
Enjoy your week
Renata:)

Katie Zeller said...

Wow! You have been busy! How fun. And you have local cranberries.... I'm hoping, come December, I'll be lucky enough to find a few bags of cranberries here. Last year I had to explain to the check-out lady what they were for LOL

Rachel said...

You are certainly handy at making all these wonderful things! I enjoyed all the photos and reading about what you have been up to! The spiced craberries over cream cheese = yummy!

Fuzzy is so pretty and restful looking.

The soap is very pretty too! You are so talented!!!

Sarah said...

I grew calendula this year then wasn't sure what to do with it. I'll have to remember this for next year

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the font, love the Blog. You take amazing photos FGC. (P.S. My camera is still toast...I may email you to see what camera you use...if I can convince myself my Nikon is truly dead. :(

Unknown said...

20150722 junda
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors handbags
gucci belt
longchamp pliage pas cher
polo ralph lauren uk
toms shoes sale
kate spade outlet
toms shoes for women
nike air max uk
burberry sale
soccer jerseys for sale
cheap snabacks
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online
coach outlet
michael kors bags
mcm bags
longchamp pliage
ed hardy clothing uk
longchamp
pandora jewelry stores
michael kors outlet
kate spade bags
coach outlet store online
ray ban sunglasses
ray-ban sunglasse
tory burch outlet
tory burch shoes
toms outlet store
abercrombie & fitch
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap jordans free shipping
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors purse
true religion jeans
kate spade handbags
oakley sunglasses outlet
michael kors outlet online
oakley store
longchamp pas cher