Pete and Alex, October 31, 2010
Two years ago November 2nd, we lost our precious grandson, Alexander Lee to SMA.
We had all gotten together for a Sunday supper, not knowing Alex had only 48 hours left.
I had Gina taking some pictures and a sweet video of our grandbaby...so grateful for that time together.
Right now we are dealing with another storm of sorts.
Pete took a bad fall off an 8ft deck on Friday and today we found out his leg, near the ankle, is broken.
He will need to be off his foot completely for a minimum of 4-6 weeks, and will need to see an orthopedic surgeon asap to determine if surgery is needed.
I am working, but they have cut my hours as of this week, so we will be reassessing whether or not it is financially worth it for us.
We were looking for a place closer to Grand Rapids, but with the accident, we are not sure where that leaves us.
No insurance and no work for weeks....
I need to be able to say....
It is well with my soul
- When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,When sorrows like sea billows roll;Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,It is well, it is well, with my soul.
- It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.
- Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,Let this blest assurance control,That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
- My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!My sin, not in part but the whole,Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
- For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:If Jordan above me shall roll,No pang shall be mine, for in death as in lifeThou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
- But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,The sky, not the grave, is our goal;Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
- And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,Even so, it is well with my soul.Prayers most appreciatedIn Christ alone,Cindy